Happy Hour =)
Hands down BEST HAPPY HOUR in town with ALL DAY HAPPY HOUR! $4 draft beers with many good selections and not just nasty bud light. $5 Pizzas and 50% off appetizers. Indoor or outdoor seating overlooking embarcadero. Service depends on how busy it is. Friday at 6pm - good luck trying to get service let alone a seat!
- Pizzas: thin crust sausage and tomato/mozza are the best. chicken is OK they give you lots of rotisserie chicken on it
- Crab & Artichoke Dip: creamy & good
- Baked Clams: OK if you feel like some seafood
- Fries: Waffle shaped & good, don't like blue cheese, they need to serve it with ranch sauce
- Asparugus: soaked in olive oil with an egg on top - nothing special*Happy hour review only*
EXCELLENT happy hour that they extended to all day for December. Half off… En savoir plus
Management changed and now they offer an excellent happy hour weekdays 4pm-8:30pm! $2-3 pints of beer, $9.50 pitchers of beer, $5 appetizers? YES, please! And this is not just the funky water cheap stuff like Budweiser, I'm talking about some of my favorites like Blue Moon, Stella, and Peroni! The MOD was super nice and friendly and went around the restaurant to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves.
During the day, this place is a Chinese to-go place with pre-cooked food pretty much like Panda Express. I haven't been here for years so can't really comment on the food. All I remember is it tasted like your average place selling 2 item combos with chowmein, orange chicken, and beef & broccoli (you know you love that combo!)
- Spicy Chicken Wings: not that spicy at all, but if you are craving crispy, fried wings, this will hit the spot.
- Keema Paratha: slightly spicy, flavorful meat wrapped in a thin flatbread, pretty good
Great happy hour spot - every 2 drinks = 1 free pizza. That is an excellent deal. Came here with a couple of co-workers since it was my last day at work. We drank, ate, and reminisced about the good/bad memories of work in the comfort of the lounge section in the front.
- Mushroom Pizza: delicious with the various cheeses
- Margherita Pizza: classic and good
- 4 Cheese Pizza: very cheesy, but didn't like the blend of cheeses that much
- Cactus cocktail: fruity, good, balanced drink
Also got to take a peak at the private dining room since my coworker was looking for a place for their wedding rehearsal. A definitely nice option for a business meeting or any celebration that could fit 25-50 people located in the back of the restaurant. The minimum food price was not that bad either to rent the room.Their happy hour is AWESOME! Free pizza with every 2 drinks? Yes, please!
I can't believe I didn't… En savoir plus
Good food, great prices, nice atmosphere, delicious drinks, friendly service!
This place has it right! Their house margarita with the chili salt rim is my favorite! I've been here 3 times and the consistency is always on point. The food is good too, although this time was not as good as other dishes I've tried in the past.
- Camarones Tropisueno: spicy, good, saucy
- Flautas Appetizer: okay, too much guac, kind of plain
- Chile Ruelleno: not enough meat, good sauceLove, love, love their happy hour! Just wished it was longer. M-F 4pm-6pm
$5 house margaritas and a… En savoir plus"Where the hell is this place?!?!"
It's in the little alley way where the Jewish Museum, Beard Papa,… En savoir plus
Great spot to grab a drink (no food). Gets crowded after work hours. Prepare to stand around on Friday/Saturday nights and get bumped by passer by's. Go in the back and check if there's seating upstairs. The front always gets crowded and the narrow walkway doesn't help.
- Pleasant Evening: very fruity, served up, sweet, not strong
- Kentucky Buck: good if you like bourbonOkay what's up with making people stand in line outside? Okay maybe it is a fire hazard to have the… En savoir plus
Absolutely a nice hidden gem in the heart of the TL.
Excellent happy hour M-F 5pm-7pm. They have a nice selection of house martinis that kick ass and are only $5 during happy hour! Pizzas are $8 during HH and you MUST get their wild mushroom & truffle oil pizza! My friends and I devoured the entire thing within minutes and saved one slice for a friend that was running late. We were all tempted to eat it, but decided to be a good friend and save it for him. Plus, we were going to dinner at Red Crawfish right after.
The ultimate olive martini is really dirty, a little too dirty for me since I'm not that big of an olive person. The citrus cosmo was fabulous and was a little more my taste. But all their martinis are well crafted and has a nice balance of ingredients. Maybe not the #1 best martinis I've had in town, but definitely in the top 5.
I've been to Rouge to party a couple of times and I must say it is TRIPPY to be sitting and eating tacos in the same venue! At night, you aren't able to see the worn out material on the booths and how tacky the actual decor is, but that's besides the point. The point is that they have one of the BEST happy hours!
Every night they have different specials and their happy hour ends at 10pm. You can get your eat AND drink on all for $20! Well, that really depends on how much you eat & drink, but for me at least, that's a good deal! I don't usually drink margaritas because Tequila and I have acknowledged our differences, but at $3 a drink, I can't resist. Granted, they aren't as great tasting or even in the same caliber as say, Tres Agaves' margaritas, but if you had a long day at work and just want to chill, it's not bad. Oh, and their tacos ARE good and crispy!
Cheap food (pizzas were good), cheap drinks, cool atmosphere!
This place motivates me even more to start my own bar. They have an excellent happy hour until 9:30pm Monday-Friday!! Plus, they serve food and have specials every day. That is just awesome!
In addition, comfy seats (good for groups), live DJ (music gets a little too loud for talking), ample space for dancing if you wish, and cool bartenders.
Decor looks the same as the old Frisson - posh, trendy, and very NYC. Cool happy hour until 7:30pm with $5 apps, beers, wines, cocktails. Must try their shooters! The food runner was extremely nice and explained all the food and how to eat it. Otherwise, I think we would have tried to dig out the hamachi with our fingers - lol.
- Hamachi Shooters: yummy! very flavorful, fresh
- Oyster Shooters: good but too much melon or whatever that was in there
- Carpaccio Roll: pretty good, i think it was cucumber in there that gave it a nice crunchiness
- Lobster Dumpling: good soup, big, Friday $2 special
- Truffle Fries: delicious, good bar snack to munch on, the aioli dip was goodChic decor, comfy seats, DJ, cool bartenders, nice upscale atmosphere, friendly staff. It looks the… En savoir plus
Cool happy hour spot. Very chill place, cool bartenders, kinda small, comfy couches, music, and drink specials during HH. Ladies get a orchid flower on their drink - cute touch. They serve pretzels and goldfish as bar snacks - awesome! Close to other bars too so you can hop around.