Sandwiches in St. Louis
Greatest sandwich shop in the city, hands down. It's astounding. I hope it's there for 50 years and becomes the institution it deserves, since it's spectacular.
- Sandwiches are all awesome. Great meat, bread, and toppings.
- Good selection of beers and sodas to go with your sandwich
- A very large chip selection
- The muffaletta is huge. A half is way more than I can eat. The olive stuff on top is amazing.
- Quick to get in and get out
- Affordable, at around $6 a sandwich.
- Busy as hell. That's a good thing, I think.
If this place were a Greek hero, it would be Epicles, as it carries most excellent sandwiches. They've also got a heck of a butcher shop, large soda selection, and then all kinds of random groceries and sundries. Also, an excellent beer selection with some very good rare beers like Founders KBS in stock. I appreciate that in my corner market.
- Spectacular sandwiches
- Great meat / deli selection
- High quality food
- Mini moon pies
- Beer selection
- Hours? They close at 7, which is kind of early, but not so bad.
- Produce looked a little tired, but I imagine that's a chicken/egg problem. Why stock produce when no one buys it?
Ok, been here a bunch of times since it's a couple blocks away. I was certainly too harsh on Mom's and crowd the first time, and have come to love the simplicity of these delicious sandwiches.
Overall - great sandwiches at a fair price. I wish they'd invest in a salamander heating thing for the sandwiches instead of a microwave, and that keeps that 5th star away.Pretty good sandwiches and a heck of a value. Nothing special, though. I found Mom's to be the sad… En savoir plus