Under new management for nearly a year now.
The current owner/manager, Alice used to run the place until she gave it up 5 years ago. The guy who took over kinda ran the place down a bit, but now that Alice is back in charge things are great.
My clothes always come back on time and Alice is a sweetheart. She does very good alterations too (she works on wedding dresses, which I've been told is quite a feat). I've brought everything from suits and pants to shirts here and the alterations are first rate.
Stayed here for a long weekend and found it to be an excellent hotel.
1. Nice decor. The May Fair projects a hip vibe, without being sterile.
2. Rooms. The room was very tastefully decorated, albeit a bit small (no surprise, it's London). The bathroom was nice too.
3. Location is fabulous, just a block from the tube. Easy walk to a lot of great shopping/culture, yet the hotel itself was quiet. Plus, there's a Sainsbury's across the street if you want to grab a quick snack.
1. They screwed up the bill a few times, primarily with room service charges that were miscalculated. They were gracious in fixing their mistakes, but the same mistakes should not be repeated at a 5-star hotel.
2. Cost. Actually, I thought it was a fair value for a 5-star property. Still, it's expensive.
We had room service for breakfast all 3 mornings; otherwise, we didn't really check out the hotel restaurants. Still, it was a great breakfast.